GAS EXPLOSION CLAIMS TWO LIVES, INJURED THREE IN HOTEL AT ABEOKUTA

 625 total views,  4 views today

We suspect a case of adulterated gas cylinder-hotel management

Two people reportedly died and three others injured on Tuesday afternoon when a cylinder gas being used for welding during routine maintenance work at Conference Hotel, Oke Mosan, Abeokuta exploded.

Those died aƧcording to statement from the Facility Manager of the hotel, Engr. Tunde Osinubi were the technician working with the oxyacetylene gas cylinder, one other yet to be identified person while three other people were injured and had been taking to the hospital for medical treatment.

The management of the hotel disclosed that the technician was working on the automatic revolving door at the entrance of the hotel, using the Oxyacetylene gas to weld the hinges of the door when the gas cylinder suddenly exploded.

The hotel explained that while it is ruling out a case of sabotage, it however suspected that the gas cylinder purchased at the open market may be fake and unable to withstand gas pressure.

The hotel revealed further that incidence of gas explosions as a result of fake cylinders being sold have become worrisome and of great concern as similar incidents have been reported in several locations in Abeokuta recently with casualties.

The management of the hotel while regretting this sad incident has however sympathized with the families and friends of the deceased and warned the general public of the presence of fake gas cylinders in circulation.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*