636 total views,  4 views today

Unknown gunmen have allegedly assassinated a hotel owner, Kehinde Ibidunni, and his wife, Elizabeth, in a savage attack at Atan–Ota in Ado–Odo/Ota Local Government Area of Ogun State.

It was gathered that the 63-year-old man and his wife were shot dead by the gunmen who broke into their residence at Atan–Ota on Tuesday.
The attackers stormed the residence of the victims on No 15 Tella Ojo Crescent, Atan–Ota at about 3:00am and forced their way into the house through the metal bars in front of their house.
The noise caught the attention of a little girl living with the couple who alerted them about the invasion.
However, when the man showed up to confront the invaders, he was shot dead on the spot.
The report also said the gunmen beat up the wife, 54, before also shooting her dead.
The son, Olayinka, who spoke, said it was a case of “assassination”.
He lamented that his parents were murdered barely a month after they attended his wedding in Abuja.
“They (couple) stayed alone in the house. They have a little girl staying with them in the house for support. At about 3 am on April 27, the girl heard some people trying to gain access in to the house through the burglary proof. She immediately stood up, went to my dad’s room, and called him that some people were trying to gain entrance.
“When my dad showed up to ask about the people, they shot him in the heart straight up. So, he died instantly. After they killed him, they gained access into the house. They went into the room, they met my mum, they beat her, they stabbed her and finally they shot her. They killed the two of them and after that, they scattered the whole house, they took the little money they could lay their hands on and they left”, he narrated.
When asked if it was a case of armed robbery or assassination, he responded, “From what we know and what the police are saying, it is a case of assassination. We can’t tell what type of robbery that led to killing husband and wife. I think it is an assassination case”.
Olayinka further said the police took the corpses to the morgue, and no arrest has been made in connection with the crime.
“The police were around all through, they were even the one who took the corpse to the morgue. They told us that they have not laid their hands on any concrete evidence, but they are still trying to interview some people. We were even at the station as at yesterday (Tuesday),” Olayinka added.
He described his parents as “peaceful and loving,” and disclosed that the family has concluded arrangement to bury the couple on Friday

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.